Sinthesized materials requiring special precautions, especially those that are hygroscopic, can be stored in an ultra-dry glove box and packaged in an inert atmosphere.
The materials are controlled and characterized by several physical-chemical methods adapted to the final product and specifications. An accurate determination of the impurities can be proposed:
– Elemental analysis: chemical analyses, ICP ….
– Control of the structure (XRD) and morphology (SEM, TEM …)
XRD and microscopy analysis of the HTB Al nano-hydroxyfluoride
– Thermal stability by thermo-gravimetric analysis (TGA / DTA), coupled by mass spectroscopy (MS) and / or infra-red (FTIR)
– Spectroscopic methods: NMR, ESR, Mossbaüer, optical measurements (UV-VIS, FTIR, Raman), to evaluate the amount of doping active species;
– Other physical-chemical methods: magnetic, electronic or ionic conductivity, and any other relevant technique could complete this panel.